- Imagine performing gymnastics in the water to music
- Imagine holding your breath for 30 seconds while running a 400m race
- Imagine completing a triathlon in record time
- Imagine jumping, spinning and performing figure skating moves in the water
- Imagine a powerful waterpolo goalie jumping above the water to block a shot
- Imagine lifting and/or throwing a 55kg swimmer above the water
- Imagine a dancer whose musical interpretation and choreography captivates and entire audience…
OK? Now, when 2 or more swimmers achieve all this and combine it with intricate, split second movements in unison, the result is synchronised swimming
How do artistic swimmers train?
A typical training programme includes swimming workouts, weights (in and out of the water), cross-training, stretching and dancing. Many hours are spent practising skills and sculls and perfecting routines. Add some acrobatics and theatrical training to complete the training package!